Wednesday, June 18, 2008

day five (2): musée le louvre

Le Louvre. Look up. Look way up...


What you soon realize when you're at the Louvre is that what is IN it is only half of the show. It's the building itself. The architecture. The floors, walls and most incredible of all... the ceilings...








Beautiful, non?

It's because of these accursed ceilings, that while descending one set of the monstrous stairs, I missed the last step (while looking up) and sprained my ankle. Well we didn't know that at the time... it happened at 7:00 pm. I thought it was just a little twist and decided to walk it off.

We met out friend Lionel at 7:30 pm in the Pyramid and walked over to the Passerelle des Arts for a little traditional apero... (more on that in the post: a la carte, that follows)

We then returned to the Musée at about 8:15 pm and my ankle only got worse the more I liked, especially on those damned stairs. But I wasn't leaving til the place closed... who knows when I'd be back in Paris again...

Just as we were leaving at 9:30pm, Didier noticed a sign on a door near the main entrance that said "Infirmerie" It was still open and so we went in. The nurse could not have been nicer. She had me put my foot up on a chair, she put ice on it and then later massaged it with Arnica gel. She gave me both anti-inflammatories and pain relievers right then and enough for the next day. She insisted that I see a Doctor in the morning, which we said we would do, but just not in Paris... as we had a 9 am train to Nantes...

ANYhoo... enough of the ugly of my Ankle, and back to the beauty of le Louvre...

No comments: