Wednesday, June 18, 2008

day five (4): musée le louvre

Le Louvre. Sculpture.

Now this was something I didn't know... just HOW MUCH I really enjoyed sculpture. It was incredible. The detail in some of the statues. they seemed more real than half of the people walking through the galleries! I thought it was going to be the paintings that impressed me, but it was the sculpture that stole my heart...

The Egyptian Wing...




That's Didier to the right of Ramses II...



And me standing 'like an Egyptian' ...



Ramses II






Mesopotamia...






Miscellanea...















Berger flûteur
by: Antoine Coysevox



Philopoemen
by: Pierre-Jean David



Annebel
by: Sébastien Slodtz

and

Julius Caesar
by: Nicolas Coustou



...and of course Emperor Napoléon Bonaparte...



A few versions of the Goddess Diana...





The Winged Victory of Samothrace or 'Nike'...




Aphrodite, or as she is better known:
the Venus de Milo...


Psyche Revived by Cupid's Kiss
More commonly known as Psyche and Cupid (or Cupid and Psyche)






The Four Seasons:
by: Pierre Ier Legros

Le Printemps



l'Eté



l'Automne



l'Hiver



A couple angels...




GOT BEARD?




No comments: